It's Not What You Think Bible Study Book includes a small-group experience for six sessions, individual study opportunities, applicable Scripture, and tips for leading a group.
God has always planned for us to experience so much more than our limited minds could grasp. Over the years we've drifted further away from God's original design, and the story He tells in Scripture is lost in translation for most of us. If a life of religious duty that leads to a timeless existence with a distant Deity seems unfulfilling, that's because it was never what God intended.
In the beginning there were unity and order in all of God's creation. Humanity's sinful rebellion ripped everything apart in a painful fracture to the whole cosmos. But God is restoring all of creation through Christ and continually bringing heaven and earth back into alignment. That intersection of heaven and earth is a place where God is moving among His people. We find rest, peace, beauty, and truth in His presence.
The Christian life isn't about escaping this world to get into the next; it's about experiencing God's kingdom coming and His will being done on earth as it is in heaven. Yes, the gospel promises eternal life, but it starts now, not after we die. Don't wait to experience the abundant life available in Jesus.
This Bible study pulls the original context of key biblical themes into our current understanding to unlock an exciting reality—one that isn't new, just forgotten. With his signature style of passion and honesty, Jefferson Bethke invites you to join him on this journey into the overlapping space between heaven and earth.
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• Leader tips
• Individual study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• 6-session study with group and personal components
• Break through the mundane to a greater level of devotion to the gospel.
• Challenge yourself and other believers to get more out of their faith for the sake of the kingdom.
• Get a biblical understanding of God's kingdom.
• Help believers avoid stagnancy in their Christian lives by putting their faith into action.
• Reveal ways for believers to create pockets of heaven in their communities and relationships.